Friday, September 16, 2011

Yes, Finally!!!

Okay, so I completely disregarded staying away from wedding stuff today.  As a matter of fact, right after I read my Bible this morning, I checked my emails, and guess who emailed me?!?!  Sharon from the showroom of Bari Jay! (I don't know this woman from a can of paint but, she made my day).  She listed a store here in Atlanta that carried all three styles of dresses!  Yes, the store was one of the 20+ stores I called, however, the number given on the designer's website was wrong and inactive.  Clearly, they needed to update their website, and normally the slacking off would've got under my skin, but I was way too excited to let it get to me.  So, I googled the store to find the correct number, called them up and sure enough they had all the dresses!  Later in the day, after confirming with all of my bridesmaids, I called and left a voicemail to book an appointment for the ladies to try on the dresses.  Oh yeah, and get this.  I told my mom what the prices were and she said, "Oh, that's not bad."  All I needed was her approval, now everybody else has to be cool with it.

In addition to getting my bridesmaid dresses squared away, I created the coolest style board.  I decided to do this to make it easier for me to figure out what type of flowers I wanted for the decor and the color combination.  After finding the perfect combo (hopefully Danny approves), I searched a website that carried silk flowers then found some gorgeous flowers that matched the colors and complimented my dress.  If you haven't figured out by now, I've decided to make my own bouquets, boutonnieres and any other floral decorations.  We're spending more on the venue than we budgeted, so we're cutting the cost in other areas.  Plus, I think it'll be a creatively fun project to bring all the bridesmaids together.

Okay, a few more wedding accomplishments today... I found my flower girl's dress!  It's beyond adorable and beyond inexpensive... So... I may have to find something else.  *sad face*... We shall see though.  (Lord, work it out for me, please!)

Tomorrow we're going to sign the contract to officially book the venue.  I spoke with the caterer today.  She's going to mail me her business license and my sister is going to give me the template of the insurance waiver form she uses.  Since our caterer does not have insurance, I was able to talk the venue into waiving it.  (Talk about a headache trying to find a place that allowed an outside caterer and one that didn't have insurance... geesh!)

Alright, enough with the wedding stuff for awhile... (I can't take it!) But, I have to in a few hours, so I need to rest my brain a little first.  Danny hasn't seen the venue yet, he's only seen a video of when I toured the facility.  He wants to look tonight while they have an actual event going on... then we're going back tomorrow to book it (Lord willing... Please God!  If this doesn't work out, Vegas here I come!)  On another note, I think I'll make lasagna tonight...
Photo from: www.therecipedepot.info

No comments:

Post a Comment