Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My First Wedding Blog!

Yaay!  So this is my first blog for my Wedding Website!  I have to say, my desire to create one of these just sparked today.  I mean, Danny proposed in March which was... one... two... over six months ago.  So, why now, you ask?  Well, because we just started planning… again.

Our wedding was initially supposed to happen 3 months after he proposed on March 28.  I am so grateful to God for His divine intervention.  I mean, my family despised the fact that we were rushing to get married… some even had curiosities that we were trying to hurry and get hitched because I was knocked up.  However, in spite of their disliking, we continued to plan and they quickly succumbed to our spontaneity.  Sort of.   And, that's when the Lord stepped in, did His thing and everything that we wanted to be possible... became impossible.  I started getting stressed out and was not enjoying the planning at all… So, we stopped.  We just stopped... just like that.

Then came the pre-marital classes... the never-ending pre-marital classes.  These free six-week classes that we began in April are still going on... 'til this day.  As a matter of fact, our last class is at the end of this month.  It would've been last week had our marriage counselor not suggested we take another class.  I mean, I enjoy the classes and ere’thang but, talk about something dragging on and on.  But… knowing how to communicate is vital to any relationship and… reality is, we both sucked at communicating with each other.   I recommend pre-marital classes for any couple that’s thinking about marriage.  There’s nothing wrong with counseling and Danny and I love each other enough to want to get it right, before the wedding.  We were going to pick the wedding planning back up after our last class, however, God’s peace led us (well, me) to start a little earlier.  I guess my baby was just patiently waiting for my doubts to pass.

So, here we are.  I am beyond excited now.  The stress of finding a venue that allowed outside catering, completing a budget based on prices we know nothing about and threatening that we would elope days are officially over!  More frustrations of planning lie ahead I’m sure, but I just want to bask in this feeling of progression right now.  Down with the venue and guest list, on with the invites! 

Oh, yeah... and some of you may notice the change in how my name is spelled.  Well... surprise, surprise.  That's the spelling on my birth certificate.  Hey, I'm an artist.  I needed something a little more creative, something that sounds a little more cooler and just down right looks better  Hence, the change in the spelling of my middle name as well connected by a hyphen (Tiffani-MiShelle).  Kinda sucks though because the "y"'s in Tiffany and Danny are so much more in sync than an "i" and "y".  Yes, I put a lot of thought into these types of things.  I've been doing this since 2nd grade... So, why stop now?    

No comments:

Post a Comment